Cant Stop: Hill Challenge Cant Stop: Hill Challenge

Since this is your first game, I'll be nice and round up to a 3. There are several things that hurt the rating. First is that the ground detection fails when near the edge. You have to be more than 100% on the platform in order to jump even though you don't start falling until later, which causes a lot of deaths the first few times. The second thing is that there is indeed only one two-part level so the game itself is very short. Also, on hard, it's easy to be running so fast that you are jumping consistently and still miss a ledge (due to the first issue). Finally, why does hitting the side of a spike hurt, shouldn't it just be the top?

DeadlyCheese responds:

thanks for the review, will work on it and also the reason the spike hurts you on the side is just the lack of my actionscript knowledge :S otherwise i would have made spikes only hurt on top.

Fishhead: Chapter 1 Fishhead: Chapter 1

It's OK, but it has a nasty difficulty curve for having lives. If you are going to focus on a life-based game, give more opportunities for lives in the game... is it 10 coins or something for a life? There is no explanation of the gaining of lives, and after the tutorial level, you're tossed into the game. Also, there is hardly any indication of how much injury you have (noticed a slight red spot on the lives counter after being hit the second time). The only thing that saves it is being able to continue where you left off.

GRAVNAV GRAVNAV

Interesting concept, but the controls/screen kill it. I could hardly get past the first obstacle (and having made these types of games myself, I'm a bit of a vet). When travelling normally, the gravity/upwards push is so strong that it is easy to overshoot, but you have to push strongly because of how fast giant obstacles come towards you. The screen size and the speed at which they come change it from being challenging to simply frustrating. And, no time is given to react to the change of direction before the next obstacle comes. Work on your difficulty curve and try again; perhaps then it will do better.