Cant Stop: Hill Challenge Cant Stop: Hill Challenge

Since this is your first game, I'll be nice and round up to a 3. There are several things that hurt the rating. First is that the ground detection fails when near the edge. You have to be more than 100% on the platform in order to jump even though you don't start falling until later, which causes a lot of deaths the first few times. The second thing is that there is indeed only one two-part level so the game itself is very short. Also, on hard, it's easy to be running so fast that you are jumping consistently and still miss a ledge (due to the first issue). Finally, why does hitting the side of a spike hurt, shouldn't it just be the top?

DeadlyCheese responds:

thanks for the review, will work on it and also the reason the spike hurts you on the side is just the lack of my actionscript knowledge :S otherwise i would have made spikes only hurt on top.

Fishhead: Chapter 1 Fishhead: Chapter 1

It's OK, but it has a nasty difficulty curve for having lives. If you are going to focus on a life-based game, give more opportunities for lives in the game... is it 10 coins or something for a life? There is no explanation of the gaining of lives, and after the tutorial level, you're tossed into the game. Also, there is hardly any indication of how much injury you have (noticed a slight red spot on the lives counter after being hit the second time). The only thing that saves it is being able to continue where you left off.

GRAVNAV GRAVNAV

Interesting concept, but the controls/screen kill it. I could hardly get past the first obstacle (and having made these types of games myself, I'm a bit of a vet). When travelling normally, the gravity/upwards push is so strong that it is easy to overshoot, but you have to push strongly because of how fast giant obstacles come towards you. The screen size and the speed at which they come change it from being challenging to simply frustrating. And, no time is given to react to the change of direction before the next obstacle comes. Work on your difficulty curve and try again; perhaps then it will do better.

TumbleDots TumbleDots

Simple concept, but it was well done. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a lot of lasting appeal, which is where the remaining 2 stars left to go find. Perhaps add some power-ups or different types of balls to keep things interesting.

kaolinfire responds:

Appreciated. :) A lot of the fun in the iOS version is moving the device around physically...I hear you that there's something missing with this one. Any thoughts on where/how powerups would work with this? I have a few ideas for TumbleDots2 that didn't make the cut for this...and I'm not entirely sold on them. 1 is to let the player blow up blocks every once in a while...and the other is to let the player "hold" a block from moving (which would basically freeze a line or column).

Halloween Differences Halloween Differences

It's OK. This is one of the harder difference games I've seen. My major complaint is that your mute button doesn't work (and the music is really annoying). Also, why not let me click on "hint" to give a hint???

4kb Keyboard Smasher 4kb Keyboard Smasher

Wow, this is a rather boring idea in the first place, but it might still get a few stars except the detection is absolutely horrid. So few of my keystrokes actually registered. I applaud you for the effort to make a small game, but this is just a mess.

Summer Vacation Parking Summer Vacation Parking

Sorry, but this game is pretty bad. The car crashes into everything (and those items never move) and the difficulty curve is absurd. The first three levels were easy but then the 4th was horrible.

regale responds:

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. Some levels make take a few attempts, but I didn't want it too easy. The 4th level just takes a bit of patience to wait until the person is out of the way.

InfiniSnake 4K InfiniSnake 4K

It's impressive how small you got the file size, but the game itself is far too flashy for my tastes. There are some times when the colors really get in the way of telling which way you are going. I also seem to be getting lag sometimes, especially while writing this (continuously colliding). It could really use a pause button too. One other thing is that with how the game is setup, using a back-and-forth pattern is basically guaranteed to give a high score.

The orange Rectangle The orange Rectangle

Really not that good, sorry. The game is under 1 MB but took longer to load than some 10 MB games... dunno what's going on there. There wasn't any difficulty until the rainbow world... and the level with the long platform that goes up and down (3rd in the rainbow I think) squashed me into the top, so now the game is broken. Also, the music got annoying quickly...

Ironically, I still gave a 2 with all of that...

TanKennshoO responds:

not trying to do the best in the world was just trying
something about as2

EURO 2012 euphoria 2 EURO 2012 euphoria 2

This game REALLY needs an R instant retry button... was so annoying to wait for the game to say "lose" when I knew right away the shot failed. Besides that major gripe, decent game.